How to Remove Mould

Mould is a fungi that grows in small patches on surfaces with moisture. Mould can grow anywhere it has access to moisture, so it’s easy for them to spread and difficult to get rid of!

Mould does not just look bad, it can also cause health problems. It produces toxins that are harmful to humans and animals, causing pain, tissue damage, allergies, asthma attacks and more.

If you are noticing mould growth in your home or office building then you should take action as soon as possible. There are ways of dealing with the issue by yourself – but if the problem is extensive or persistent then you should call a professional mould removal / mould remediation company. Balanced Building Biology has a list of preferred IICRC-certified mould remediation companies. Physical mould removal is key. Fogging or gassing is not recommended.